“OUR MOTTO” Small Classes + Dedicated Lecturers = SUCCESS!
How to choose a good College – Remember its “Your Future”
- By using the services of an ETQA accredited training provider, you can be assured that Learners are indeed gaining valuable knowledge during a training intervention which they can competently apply in the workplace.
- By law, every private provider of higher education must be registered with the Department of Higher Education & Training (DHET)
- All qualification must be registered with SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority) on the NQF (National Qualification Framework). The NQF is composed of levels and levels 5,6,7 and 8 are higher education.
- Every higher education programme offered by a higher education provider must be accredited by the HEQC (Council of Higher Education’s Higher Education Quality Committee)
- The DHET only recognizes HEQC Accreditation of higher education qualifications
- All registered institutions must display a certificate or registration from the relevant Accreditation Body
Why SMT should be a College of your choice?
- Affiliated with FET Colleges/ Trade Unions/NPO Companies
- Accredited and recognized college for National and International courses
- Reasonable Prices with most affordable payment plan with no interest
- Facilitators, Assessors and Moderators are highly qualified with International qualifications and experience.
- Qualifications, Diploma and Certificate Course offered
- Small classes – individual attention and 100% pass rate
- Face to Face training and Distance Learning classes available
- Caters for Special needs Students
- Flexible Programmes – Part/Full time classes with 24hour student support
- Assistance in Job Placements/ Opening your own business on completion of course, links to Suppliers/Kits available to purchase
- SMT Training Centre has advanced, modified and equipped classrooms and Practical training rooms.
- Most Important. We do not make a promise that we cannot keep
IS SMTBA AN ACCREDITED COLLEGE?
SMBTA is accredited Nationally with Services Seta and QCTO and with ITEC International. SMTBA is a member of APPEDT. SMTBA has applied for registration with Higher Education and is awaiting approval.
IS SMTBA A PRIVATE INSTITUTION?
Although SMTBA is a private college, they are always partnered with TVET Colleges and Services Seta. SMTBA offers Learnerships on behalf of Services Seta and various organisations.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS CAN I STUDY AT SMTBA?
SMTBA of Beauty and Hair Technology offers a variety of full time, part week, evening, weekend and short courses, which students can enrol on ranging from Make-up Artistry to Beauty Therapy to Nail Therapy and Hair Technology. For more detailed information on individual courses please review our dedicated Introduction to Make-up Courses and Introduction to Beauty Therapy Courses pages. SMT Beauty Academy offers a comprehensive and competitively priced courses with Student Kits includes student uniforms. On completion of programme, students will qualify with a Diploma, Advanced Diploma or Certificate in the course below:
- Skills Programme
- RPL Programme
Course Programmes offered:
- Hair Technology
- Beauty Technology
- Nail Technology
- Make-up Artistry
WHAT ARE THE ENTRY REQUIREMENTS AT SMTBA?
- Students must be 16 years and older
- No matric is required but Learners must be able to read and write – we accept from Grade 9 onwards
- SMTBA caters for Special Needs Learners as well as Slow Learners
- Documents required on registration are as follows: Certified copy of ID/Passport, Latest school report, Proof of residence and CV
ENROLMENT AND FEES?
Enrolment for each course is completed online or at the office with a deposit required to confirm your place on the course. The remaining fees must be paid in full one month prior to the course starting, however, for longer courses instalment plans are available. For students who would like to meet the team and have a facilities tour prior to enrolling on a course, we run a series of Open Days throughout the year and offers one to one inter-views. Please contact the Education and Artistry Team on 0832624986 for further information.
DO I NEED TO PURCHASE EQUIPMENT FROM SMTBA?
You will obviously need a kit to train with however you do need to purchase one with certain courses. Majority of our courses includes Student Kits, Uniforms and College Bags. Our kits are all specially designed to include every product and tool needed to carry out each individual treatment. Further stock can be purchased from the college at a reasonable price. Kits are issued according to timetable. Your tutor will give you a list of requirements needed once you start your course.
HOW DOES SMTBA ONLINE/DISTANCE LEARNING COURSE WORKS
- You book your chosen course
- We send you a link to the online learning portal where you can access your training manuals, or it can be posted to you
- We will introduce you to your personal tutor who you can contact any time for support or advice
- You complete your online theory modules and successfully pass the online test
- It’s time to book your practice assessment day – simply chose from one of the locations listed
- Once you have successfully completed your practical assessments, we will issue you with a certificate enabling you to practice.
WHAT IF I FAIL A THEORY MODULE? (applies to face to face and distance learning programmes)
If you fail a module, you will re-take the examination. You are given three chances to take a theory exam. If you fail the module you will be contacted by your tutor who will offer support before you make a final attempt. An additional charge will be incurred for this.
WHAT IF I FAIL A PRACTICAL MODULE? (applies to face to face and distance learning programmes)
If you fail the practical assessment you will need to arrange another day of training with your tutor at the location where your practical assessment was carried out. You are given three chances to take a practical exam. An additional charge will be incurred for this.
DURATION OF COURSES
SMTBA offers different types of courses. Distance/Online courses can be completed within 24 months (work at your own pace). Face to face learning depends on the course chosen. These courses have expiring dates.
DOES SMTBA HELP ME TO BUILD MY PORTFOLIO AND CV?
In addition to industry expert Master Classes, Workshops and Professional Photo Shoots, our Lecturers also provide career advice, in addition on one to one session to discuss their long-term ambitions and career aspirations. SMTBA also offers each successful graduate the opportunity to join our prestigious and highly sought-after Events Team, giving further opportunity to work at industry related events, shows and shoots and keep students regularly updated of relevant design, makeup and beauty events taking place in SA.
WILL I BE ABLE TO GET JOBS AFTER THE COURSE?
As a highly respected school of excellence, SMTBA is regularly approached by industry leaders and well-known brands who are seeking the skills of qualified Make-up Artists and Therapists. The school receives many job placements request each year, all of which are cascaded to our Graduate Alumni.
WHERE ARE SMTBA GRADUATES WORKING NOW?
Successful graduates have gone on to work in Corporate Companies as well as in luxury Spa Resorts, Cruise Ships, Prestigious Salons and in the fields of Training, both here in the SA and overseas.
ARE THE CLASSES FEMALE ONLY?
The SMTBA of Beauty & Make-up and Hairdressing is a non-discriminative school, therefore the classes may be mixed, should you require any further information then please contact us.
I AM AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT LIVING OUTSIDE THE SA, AM I ABLE TO ENROL ON SMTBA COURSES?
International students are eligible to attend full-time courses of over a month in duration and under 6 months with a valid Student Visitors Visa. If you are a national of a country which is not in the SA, you will need to have permission to come to the SA and a student Visitor Visa. International students who wish to enrol on one our ITEC/SETA Courses will require a face to face or telephone interview to establish suitability and eligibility for the course, prior to enrolment.
DOES SMTBA PROVIDE STUDENT ACCOMMODATION?
We do not provide student accommodations; however, we have compiled a list of useful contacts that may assist you in your search for somewhere to live, whilst studying with us.
© 2021 SMT Training Centre Ltd. All rights reserved
31 West Towers, 9th floor, Office 901, West Street, Durban, 4001
Accredited Training Institution for Hairdressing, Beauty Technology, Nail Technology, Advanced makeup, Aesthetics